- Havana Buying Club - UNFI
The Havana Buying club is a monthly delivery of whole food groceries, personal care, cleaning, refrigerated and frozen items. They are distributed through United Natural Foods. This service is coordinated by a local Mom/Health Practitioner Kim Plath. Users place their order on a web-based system (computer required) which allows you to split cases with other interested members. There are monthly sales and discounted items. Members are asked to show up to the delivery, typically (not always) the first Monday of the month between 10 am and noon (again not always), help if needed to break out items to each member's pile, pay, load up, repeat next month.
- Participation offers savings to your grocery bill
- Convenience of local delivery and
- An opportunity to meet some like minded folks that are working at eating well.
To sign up (no fee) go the the Havana Buying Club - UNFI Facebook page (Havana Buying Club - UNFI) and request information from Kim. She can also be reached by calling (229)-289-5364.
* These order dates are the deadlines. There is no reason you cannot place your order prior to this date. Suggestion, if you are interested in buying local dairy, meat and eggs then why not use the first deadline for Sparkman's and Longview for all ordering to simplify your schedule?
Tony & Betsey Brown
1532 Concord Road,
Havana, FL 32333 850-545-5515
Taking the long view means choosing future benefits over short-term payoffs. At Longview Farms that means we are committed to:
Orders placed the week before the UNFI Coop order (see chart above for deadlines) can be picked up at the UNFI Coop delivery.
Otherwise, check out their website: Longviewfarmsfl.com for products and pricing. You are welcome to visit them at their farm or take a trip to the farmer's market at Market Square most Saturdays.